• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Cool. So here it is - my newly set up and modified JBJ nano reef. It's not much yet, but I'll post some pix when I have something pixworthy. :)

fullview_new.jpg

front_new.jpg

leftangle_new.jpg

rightangle_new.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didn't add the lighting mod - yet. i figured out how to get the cover off without wrecking it, so i went ahead and set it up to get the LR curing. i'll add the light early this week some time. i have about 20 gallons of saltwater made, so i'll do mad crazy water changes. i removed the ceramic rings. i left the charcoal dealio for now - it can suck up pollutants while the LR is curing in there. i'll remove it after a bit. i tossed a heater in the back area too. and a maxi jet 600. that little rubber boot on the back of the hood is nice for swapping in new cords and stuff. i didn't like the whirlpool direction of the current, so for now i just put the cleaner magnet up there at the right angle to break up the flow - that solves two problems (current whirlpool and surface agitation). it makes a little whirlpool right above the magnet. so can you give me tips on that nozzle modification? i've never done "aquarium plumbing" before.

i'm thinking i might put some kind of watchman goby and pistol shrimp deal in there, along with some dusters and whatnot. i'm reluctant to put shrooms in there because of size/overgrowth. i wanna make this a little micro wonderland. hehe. i'm debating scarlet leg crabs or blue leg. *shrug* i like 'em both. i'd like to get another cool-to-look-at crustacean but i don't want it to compete or fight with the pistol shrimp/goby combo.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh and i saw the first crawlie in there today. some kind of worm, i guess, that lives in crevices in the rockwork. it had five or six arm like deals connected with web. it's colors and shape reminded me of a bat. or the underside of a starfish. it didn't like the light and retracted right away. i'm gonna try to get pix tomorrow morning.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: