• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

babydot637

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is what I was thinking for my set up:

10 G tank
2x13W PC lights (for now, hopefully upgrade lighting when system is established and will try to add corals)
Penguin 125 Power-Filter
Aqua Clear 201 powerhead
15 lbs LR
~ 2" LS

and I also have a couple of questions..

1. Since I'm only planning on having a FOWLR system for now, is a powerhead necessary at this state? And will I need a lot of light for this system?

2. Is a power filter capable of making sure that the tank is reasonably clean or should I get a skimmer? I've been hearing different things about skimmers/filters for nano reefs, and I'm not sure what exactly would be best. I also read about people who modify their power filters by removing certain components or by adding in things. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Actually, I'm up for any suggestions/tips/etc...
I appreciate the help!

:lol:

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a nice setup to me,, I would definitely go with the powerhead,,,maybe one a little more powerful even,,, that power filter won't create much circulation around the rockwork.

26w is ok for softies, and some LPS (torch, open brain etc.) but more is always better :)

A skimmer won't hurt anything except the aesthetics of the tank,,, but regular small water changes should be just fine in a 10g as long as you don't overstock it. A little baggie of carbon in the power filter (changed every 2-3 weeks) won't hurt either.

Good luck,,, post pics!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: