• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of you Nano Cube owners out there.....have you intalled an auto top-off? If so please describe what you did. I want to add one to mine, but as usual I need as much info prior to building one as I can get my hands on.

Thanks for all the help

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I find that I have almost zero evaporation. I bet that'll change when I get the fans on.

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok what fans are you going to use? Have you found fans that fit in the openings in the hood? If so where did you find them.

I have been doing water changes every two weeks and have noticed about 12 - 16 oz. per week. I may have a higher evap. rate because I have the extra water circulation that disturbs the surface quite a bit.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=220&type=store

Get any micro fan, 60mm size, they are 12v DC.

you'll need to get a power supply, variable speed seems to be the preferred way to go. 12vAC in to 12vDC out ... you'll probably have to strip and jimmy rig the wires.

Here in Minneapolis, I'm having a heck of a time finding 60mm fans for sale. I found ONE store that had them but the same models you see going for a few bucks on the page I linked are being sold at 19.95 each. yeah right. so i placed an order for two fans today.

El Yay!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: