• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

hi,

first picture of my 3 month old micro-reef.

taken from above with all of the pumps turned off.
250W HQI is on with 15W '03.

micro-1.jpg

just got the camera today and i am still trying to fugure out how the baby works, so be patient for better pictures ;)

Toine

A

Anonymous

Yeah, what's up with these junk pictures? Get us some good ones!

JK, obviously. Your tank looks AWESOME Antoine. Nice colors on the little maxima to the right of the fish.

Merci beaucoup!
Matthieu

A

Anonymous

thanks Matt :wink:

this 25 gallon micro is only three months old but it is already packed with all kinds of fish, coral and inverts.
i will post more pictures as i improve at taking pictures with this new camera.

yeah, i love T. maximas ;)
already got 5 of them in the Micro-Reef ! :roll:

Toine

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I please have a camera that takes pictures that nice before it's actually dialed in to the setting?

Corals look great and are about as colorful as you could ask for, really great job. Thanks for the submits and welcome to our Nano forum.

Brandon M>

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice.

Is it just the angle or is that hammer touching the maxima?

What kind of camera did you use?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juck":3stv9x4i said:
Is it just the angle or is that hammer touching the maxima?
What kind of camera did you use?

yes, you are absolutely right.
according to how inflated the Euphyllia ancora is, it covers part of the T. maxima without any agressive behavior taking place between the two.

the camera is just a "regular" Nikon CoolPix 4500 that i just got. did not change the lens or add anything to it yet.
i just intend, so far, to get a tripod as this picture taken from the above is somehow blury.

thanks,

Toine

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*cries* I miss my nikon. This fujipix i got is no good.

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just snagged a new Coolpix 5400 off Ebay,, I've had 2 Sony Mavica cameras before and boy, do they suck compared to the Nikons.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
&^&^%&%&^%^%&*

Dammit. That's not what I wanted to hear. I wanted the new CP 5400 after my 4300 broke but it wasn't in yet at best buy, and I settled for a different camera (fujipix s5000) which is a total hunk of shite. i dream of the 5400 nightly, and want to ebay it pronto to subsize my nikon cp 5400

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hwarang":2pnvcazs said:
*cries* I miss my nikon. This fujipix i got is no good.
Xmas is only 8 months away ... be patient :lol: :wink:

Toine

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just a question, and mostly this is because I'm still a little noob in some ways ...

How come the clam police havn't flamed the thread starter for pitting clams in a tank that's only 3mos old? Mind you, I'm not trying to bash, and in fact, the clams and corals look beautiful ... just wondering about the disparity is all. Why are some reprimanded for stocking too quickly and others not? Am I missing something about some of these setups? Just curious, I'm not saying that the thread author should get rebuked, he's got it under control.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hwarang":1nv6f683 said:
Hey just a question, and mostly this is because I'm still a little noob in some ways ...

How come the clam police havn't flamed the thread starter for pitting clams in a tank that's only 3mos old? Mind you, I'm not trying to bash, and in fact, the clams and corals look beautiful ... just wondering about the disparity is all. Why are some reprimanded for stocking too quickly and others not? Am I missing something about some of these setups? Just curious, I'm not saying that the thread author should get rebuked, he's got it under control.

i have no clue !

i had read couple years ago about the tang police ... but had not heard yet about the "clam police" :lol: :lol: :lol:
all of this makes me laugh ;)

btw, the T. maximas were introduced almost at once when the micro reached the one month old mark :D

in fact i had a 65G SPS only tank that i broke down 3 months ago (growing tired with SPS coral). the live rock i have in this Micro-Reef comes from the 65G and was fully cycled when introduced, same goes for some SPS frags but not for the 5 T. maximas, the LPS and the softies.

some of the 7 fishes i already had in the 65G. two of them are soon to change tank for larger reef systems.
meaning i will have 5 fish left in there.

- 2 A. occelaris
- 1 Gobiodon okinawae
- 1 Amblygobius rainfordi
- 1 Cryptocentrus sp. (my avitar!)

are you a member of the "Nikon police" ? ;)

L8r,

Toine

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming he's taking LR and LS and water from an existing mature system, he could probably add clams sooner than that. Think about it, he's just moving mature live rock from one tank to another, along with the water it was in. It's a whole different ball game if he were to set up a tank with newly mixed salt water and rotting live rock.

FWIW, I think I put corals in my nano at about the 1 week old mark ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, a full tank pick would be awesome with that camera-thats-better-than-Hwarang's! :D *Chortles*

Hey, what about those Canon Digital Rebels? 6.3 Mps, true digital SLR, complete manual settings with a 7 (or was it 9?...) point nano-second auto-focus, and a FAT buffering memory system for faster-than-auto-advance-film-cameras-fast multiple pics? Anyone got $900 to go ahead and try that baby out for us? Really, thats blurring the definition of "pro-sumer"... I mean, think about it; with the FAT chip that is has in there, that lens would spin so fast when focusing on a split-second picture, that if you were holding it, youd probably get third-degree Indian-burns! Sheesh!
Hwarang, since youre not really photo-savvy, that means W00000000000T!!!! :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: