• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MightyMike1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture of my tank on day 7. I hear many stories of people changing their lighting on 12g nanos. Is it completely necessary? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on what wattage to get? I also read up on different color bulbs that bring out different live stock colors. What is the best color to have for soft coral? :lol:

Attachments

• day7.jpg
    day7.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 535

SaltyMist

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that the best color is usually an equal mix of daylight bulb and acitinic bulb, basically what we have in our JBJ tanks.

I also have an Eclipse 12 that came with only a daylight bulb so I bought a 50/50 bulb and it made a heck of a difference in viewing that tank

According to my LFS, I can keep quite a few species of soft corals under the current light, but he said no clams, or hard corals should be kept under this lighting.

By the way, stuff that heater in the back sump if you can, I did it and it cleans up the tank so that it has the ability to look more natural.

Is that liverock in there or what? I think I see some coraline algae, but Im just not sure.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I have what looks to be an identical heater, in an identical spot, except that its on the opposite side of the black wall, in the sump area.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also there are things you can do while taking your picture to correct for the fluorescent and actinic lighting. I'd go into detail, but i have no clue what kind of light balance and picture modes your digicam has.

Another thing is that you can use photoshop to do color correcting (strip out most of the blue actinic tint and crank up the white from the 10kbulb).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: