• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Kawizzo

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I found the best way to double the lighting in my 12G nano. First, wake up in the morning, clean up some things and then take a break. While you are on that break spend some time to just look at you tank. The next thing you will know you will witness the glass on your tank to crack right before your eyes! 8O From the top right corner all the way down to the bottom left corner. The next step is to call up your closest buddy and tell him to grab all of his buckets and spare lights and get to your house ASAP. After that all you have to do is get very pissed off :evil: and then go to your LFS to buy another nano (3 months after you bought the first). Next thing you know you have doubled the lighting!! Not only have you done that but you have also cleaned the inside glass and replaced the carbon bag. So for only $106 you can spend a day like I just did. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
(no inverts or coral were harmed in the making of this day)

SaltyMist

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In one way it makes me NOT want to keep my glass nano tanks and get all acryclics, but on the otherhand after wiping down the acrylic tank last night with a brand new storebought terry cloth towl and seeing a large 6 inch scratch materialize right before my eyes, I think I'll keep the glass ones.

Until one develops a crack that is, then it's all acrylic and get used to the scratches.

SaltyMist

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I had a freak out the other night, I just got done changing a filter pad in the aqua clear 500 and sat down to enjoy dinner. Next thing I know I hear this dripping of water sound, and look over to find my stand wet. I think the glass tank has given out, my room mate asks me how long is the warranty and I reply there is no warranty.

But after further inspection I realize that it's not the glass tank but rather the aquaclear 500 overflow (telling me it's clogged) is dripping behind the tank.

I still think I'll keep to glass tanks until I want a much larger tank. I believe that I trust glass tanks up to about 60 gallons or so, after that I just feel more comfortable with acrylic, scratch or no scratch.

// Nothing like reviving an old tread.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D have a spare tank in the event this occurs..however i do realize for the larger tank owners that is too costly and not erganomical..I know that fear..this has to be one of the top 10 Noises that strikes fear in the hearts of Aquarists...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: