• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

This is on my desk at work. Made of a mix of sand & rock from my 5+ year old 75g and my 3.5+ year old 110 gallon that were broken down and moved into a new 180 gallon in my new house. I figured the time was right to set up a tank at my job at the newspaper. One fish, a royal gramma, was shy at the time of the portrait.

10g.jpg

The largest of the three sexy shrimp was preening for the camera, though...

sexyrose.jpg

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Wow dude.

Your "just because" tank wastes my "I put all my effort into this" tank.

More pix!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hwarang":3ushd8lq said:
Wow dude.

Your "just because" tank wastes my "I put all my effort into this" tank.

More pix!

Are you kidding, man? I saw the pics...your tank kicks mine's ass.

I'd kill for that mantis, too. I used to have 2 female peacocks, both about 5-6" (at different times). Lost one to a tank overheat, the other molted then never ate again. Yours' coloration is awesome.

I love your aquascaping, too...it's different. Mine is just 'simple.'

Everyone here is jazzing the tank, tho...and I needed a little relaxing piece of home here in stress-land. :)

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
liquid":16vgsfh9 said:
Nice rose anemone. Where'd you pick that up?

At my shop. We have 6 more in stock right now. This was the smallest of the 7 we had. Perfect size, really...gets about 3" across when fully opened up.

Peace,

Chip

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
investigator1":2ssldc12 said:
Did you get all of those fraud complaints resolved???

How about we take this to PM, shall we? There's no reason to go mud slinging...

Shane

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mud slinging! Like on election day! Weeee!

Chip, you own a shop and work at a newspaper?! Man, that officially makes the count 50%, being the amount of people that I know that have big reefs and more than one job!
Does your store have an online storefront?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding, man? I saw the pics...your tank kicks mine's ass.

Wow really? Maybe there's just something about looking at your pwn creation, it never looks as good to you as it does others. I think your tank is obviously, quantifiably cooler than mine. I like your coral selection (weak point for me since I'm new and don't know lotta livestocks). I also like your rock placement. Nice that you can get into the edges. I like the single mound rising out of the substrate.

The orange plate ... I thought they were sandbed dwellers? I might consider getting one for my nanocube if I can put it on the rock.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DewrGleision":36gg6ta0 said:
Mud slinging! Like on election day! Weeee!

Chip, you own a shop and work at a newspaper?! Man, that officially makes the count 50%, being the amount of people that I know that have big reefs and more than one job!
Does your store have an online storefront?

It's not a shop that I own. It's the biggest pet shop in the city, and I run the marine section.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things first...

Hwarang":c1m60bqu said:

This had me laughing my ass off. Good thing I'm L337 or I'd never had known... :D

Hwarang":c1m60bqu said:
Wow really? Maybe there's just something about looking at your pwn creation, it never looks as good to you as it does others. I think your tank is obviously, quantifiably cooler than mine. I like your coral selection (weak point for me since I'm new and don't know lotta livestocks). I also like your rock placement. Nice that you can get into the edges. I like the single mound rising out of the substrate.

Yours is different, tho, in aquascape, with an interesting choice of livestock. Mine is 'typical' and I guess that's why I favor yours. Plus I just kinda grabbed whatever we had in stock that hasn't sold in the past 3 weeks. ;)

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marillion, is that an alveopora in the bottom right-hand corner, under the rock ledge, or some sort of moon coral or something?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DewrGleision":88pjp4vg said:
Marillion, is that an alveopora in the bottom right-hand corner, under the rock ledge, or some sort of moon coral or something?

They are actually button polyps. I'll bring my camera to work tomorrow and take some more shots.

Peace,

Chip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: