• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Klyde Krashkop

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my current (and near future) setup. Sorry no pics, Contact me at [email protected] if you want to donate to my digital camera fund :evilgrin:

15 gallon nano tank with about 2 inches of aragonite base, seeded with garf grunge.

overflow goes into a 10 gallon sump with a red sea berlin protein skimmer (may be overkill but its what I already had so only had to spend $13 to replace impeller in pump to drive it)

There will be 2 additional 'sumps' These are made out of 5 gallon water jugs (square jug 18 inches tall) One will house a deep bed of about 8 or 9 inches, seeded probably with Garf Grunge Lite. There will also be macros growing in this to export nutrients, who knows, maybe even a mandrake.

2nd sump is undecided so far, maybe a frag tank.

both of the 5 gallon sumps will feed off of and into the main 10 gallon sump.

I have the majority of this set up already, just need to visit HD for PVC fittings to plumb the 2 5 gallon sumps and set up the lights over them.

Hopefully this will be a good system. The way I am designing it the 5 gallon sumps will be easily accessable and removeable, as in take out the DSB about every 2 or 3 years and replace the sand, keeping some of the original DSB to seed it with.

Im still trying to piece together a setup/maintenance cost of my 150 seaview that has been empty for a few years. It was given to me, with canopy, stand, and 200 pounds of marshall LR by a friend that got out of the hobby. Sadly I wasnt able to set it up then, I was in an apartment with VERY shaky floor and eventually didnt have room for the LR so I got rid of it, man that makes me sick.
I would really love to set up the 150 but lack of a good place to put it and funds to maintain it prevent me. I may just sell it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: