• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReefDreamin'

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but I have been researching reef tanks for a few weeks now. I want to set up a 25 gallon nano, but I don't want to start till I have all the info and advice I can lay my hands on. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on hardware, etc....these are my plans and questions:

I want to get a 25 gallon All-Glass tank with the All-Glass canopy for flourescent lights. All-Glass advertises a "SmartLamp" PC bulb...has anyone had experience with these? Is there a PC out there that is better that would fit in the 24" All-Glass canopy?

I want to get 2 Maxi-Jet 1200 powerheads and run them on timers to come on separately as well as together to create random currents. Is that too much/not enough flow for a 25g? Also, what can I do to prevent anemones from getting stuck in them?

I plan on using 2 Ebo-Jager 100W submersible heaters. Is this too much/not enough? Is the brand reliable?

What kind of protein skimmer would be best for a 25g with LR & LS, cleaning crew, a couple LPS corals, BT anemone, mushroom, and pair of percs?

I currently don't have plans to use chillers...are they necessary?

Should I use a filter? I have read some material that advise you to run a filter without filter media, especially since the LR & LS create a biological filter. Is an additional filter necessary? If so, which one is best?

Thanks in advance for your help...I'm so excited about this project even though it will probably be a while before this happens. (I'm still trying to convince my husband this is a good idea - he thinks a Nano will be too hard to establish and maintain.) :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a lot of info to answer here, and I will get back to both of your posts. Give me a couple hours... :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: