• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think i can successfully keep sps in a 10 gal with 130 watts of pc? Please say yes...Please say yes... :wink: :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's the right one, probably.

My LFS sometimes has tiny tiny frags for under $10 ... maybe yours does too? Start out with one of those. I was able to get a 1" frag for free, because it had broken off of the main coral and they couldn't sell it. It started out under 32w 50/50 PC and did great. Now it's under 56w PC and is doing KICKASS. It's a finger velvet?

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, think I may try it out. I like velvets, they are pretty kick but imo. BTW, don't you have to work or something Hwarang? 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heeh.

I'm a professional web nerd. My job *is* being on the internet ... I'm constantly worxxing and posting at the same time (i actually post on like 7 other message boards too! LMAO~).

atl tab ... post post
alt tab ... push some pixels
alt tab ... write some code
alt tab ... post post
alt tab ... push some pixels ...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps here's a pic of that micro frag I mentioned. In the month since the pic, it's about doubled in size! It would be doing a lot better if the stupid hermits and snails would not topple it all the time.

7227sps.jpg

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man,, you can keep most SPS' happy in a 10g with 13wpg.

Hwarang,, that looks like a Montipora?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juck,

*shrug*

okay!

(I don't really know what it is, and I don't care to try SPS at this point, I just sorta wanted to know if it would keel over and die right away or if it would tread water or if it would thrive)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I thought I told you before that's M. digitata! :D ...probably one of the hardiest SPS corals, along with Pocillopora damicornis and M. capricornis. I would start with one of these 3, or perhaps Acropora yongei ("Green Bali Slimer"). They should do OK under your lighting. It's two 65W PCs right?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt-

You totally did tell me that but a few ppl said otherwise and I don't mean to offend you ... I really have no clue what's what in the SPS world.

*hangs head*

hillbilly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ricky1414":9jmffxr8 said:
think i can successfully keep sps in a 10 gal with 130 watts of pc? Please say yes...Please say yes... :wink: :wink:

Yes you can keep sps with pc lighting. They will most likley all turn a brown color though. Especially the brightly colored acros.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: