• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Zak

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After purchasing my nano cube I was all set to build my own stand but while shopping at target on day my wife and I found the perfect stand for it.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/re ... B0000644GL

I just cut the legs down a few inches to where we wanted the height to be and it's perfect. It's surprisingly sturdy, as I sat on it for a while after building it (I'm 250lbs), rocked it back and forth a bit etc. and it did not move.

Comes with a very handy pull out shelf for feeding time, cleaning etc, a shelf below that and a single swing out cabinet. Love this thing!

I drilled a hole in the back of hte cabinet and have my surge protector in ther ewill all the wires, as well as food, chemicals etc.

Just had to share. very cool find!!!

Attachments

• nanotable.jpg
    nanotable.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 641
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweeeet. thanks for the info! i wonder if it comes in white pine?

Zak

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it fits perfectly. Has about 1 1/2" on each side, and is almost the exact front to back. I'll try and upload a photo of mine today.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i looked for a stand like this (But was hoping for a lighter color wood), but did not see it. I'm going to check another target tonight.

SaltyMist

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be carefull that it's strong enough for the long haul. A *lot* of walmart, kmart etc stuff has been known for breaking down over time. I remember a leather couch we bought from the local Walmart, and 6 months later the back fell backwards and it was totaled.

I'd hate to see this stand give out with even a relatively small amount of weight put on it by a tank but it coudl happen, so just keep an eye on it to make sure it's not coming apart.

I just picked up a JBJ 12 gallon nano today and was going to put it on something I already have that is similar, (a natural pine barstool that I got at Ikea for like $15.00), but then I got home to realize that the seat on the barstool is concaved, and didnt have a big enough footprint at the legs to make it really sturdy, so I opted to use a 3 drawer natural pine colored filing cabinet that came with my desk also from Ikea, and it works great, plenty sturdy and offers me three drawers to store fish stuff in (and as an added bonus, matches a lot of my furniture since a lot of it came from ikea or rather thrift stores, of where people originally bought it from Ikea then gave it to the thrift stores).

Anyway, goodluck, would love to see how it looks, and how sturdy you feel it is with the tank fully loaded.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: