• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cain

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've lurked long enough so I should first say thanks to everyone for all the fantastic information in this forum.

About a month and a half ago I bought a JBJ Nanocube (as a hospital tank) and have since turned it into a home for two maroon clowns and a BTA. Got about 10 lbs. of LR and about an inch of LS in there. Today I put in a cleaning crew of 2 sm. cleaner shrimp, 2 sm. peppermint shrimp (in hopes of eating an aptasia), three snails and three scarlett hermits.

Here is an old pic before the anemone moved to the corner. I'll post another pic soon.

cain

Attachments

• clowns2.jpg
    clowns2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 534

crod75

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

It sounds like you have a great setup. From what I can see in the photo you provided it looks like your bubble tip anemone is really healthy. I recently purchased a JBJ nano cube and I also plan to set it up to have a bubble tip anemone with a clownfish (either a maroon or two banded). I was wondering if you made any changes to your nano cube in regards to circulation or lighting in order to keep the anemone. I was also wondering how often you feed your anemone.

Thanks and looking forward to more pictures of your tank,

Craig

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really gorgoeus looking BTA. Just keep in mind those maroons get BIGGGG... ;)

cain

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. When I saw the BTA, I couldn't pass it up. It still can't find a place that it likes in the tank. Any thoughts on keeping it in place other than using a staple gun? Last night it moved to the opposite side (under return) of the tank. I feed it some Emerald Entree/vitamin enriched brine shrim mix every day.

No splits, yet. I've only had it for little over two weeks now.

Yeah, I think you all are right about the size of the clowns. If they get much bigger, I'll just have to go out and buy another big tank.

No mods on the tank itself. I did pull out bio rings and carbon and tossed in a couple pounds of LR.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: