• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was adding a 32 watt retro to my nanocube hood, and when I put everything back together again the original 24 watt light doesn't work! I can't see anything wrong with it. I bypassed the switch, and that didn't work, so it's either the ballast or bulb. I don't have another bulb to try, and the ballast doesn't look like anything's wrong with it. I took the cover off and the circuitry all looks fine, nothing burned out. But it doesn't make any noise when plugged in and turned on. Does your stock jbj ballast make any noise when it's on? I don't have a voltmeter so I don't even know if power is coming through to the bulb. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plugged it in and left it on for a few minutes and the ballast isnt even getting warm. I think it must be the ballast

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it should be making any noise ... there are no moving parts, etc, correct?

Many have said that their original JBJ ballast died. Mine went kaput in like 2 weeks. Call up JBJ and they're cool about replacing it if you have your receipt (for the cube).

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ballast is electronic so it shouldn't make a noise. I've had 2 of these ballasts go on me,, I personally think it's the heat in the hood that does it.

If you bought your nanocube in the last 6 months then JBJ will send you a new one free of charge,,, they were real nice with me,, they sent me a spare for free as well.

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't get one for free. Just buy one from them. I did, it is runing my second bulb. It was like $12 to buy, of course there was shipping on top of that.

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't charge me any shipping,, no need to return the broken ballast,, they just sent me 2 ballasts gratis.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: