• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Specs:
--------------------------------------------
Dual 36 watt hood
Rio 600 Powerhead
Prizm Skimmer with DIY overflow
Tronic 50 watt heater
Black Calcite sand
15 lbs. Fiji Cured Live Rock

Attachments

• far shot sps tank 12.jpg
    far shot sps tank 12.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,126

surfdawake

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude that tank is awesome, where did you get that sand?? and do you like it. i am about to set up my 10g and i would love to have black sand. also when you got it did you buy it as live sand or just regular.??

warloc4326

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has had that type of sand for a while. In a fine and larger grade. I was thinking about setting up a 5 or 10 gallon tank and putting that sand and a bar goby in there.

Thom

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sand is called black calcite. It is very small in particle size but heavy! Very beneficial for good water flow. There is actually a half of bag of white live sand hidden under neath it all.

anemonelover

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
investigator - do you have a site with more pictures and info about your tank? I feel like I've looked at it before, but I can't find anything :?

thanks!
jae

anemonelover

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, do you have any crabs or snails in there? I have a 3 gallon that I'm about to set up and always wanted to do some black sand, but am worried that the animal waste will be *too* visible. I have a cute little emerald crab in my 10 g nano now, and sheesh does he poo a lot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: