• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

4 Acropora spp. (one not pictured, pretty sure it's A. youngei), and a Pavona species. One of the frags is A. microphthalma (sp?), but I really can't tell the difference between these guys. I told myself no more corals, but they were free from a friend and look how tiny they are...cute!

Wish me luck.

Attachments

• dscn3203.jpg
    dscn3203.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,214
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All their polyps are out now, so they look to be doing OK so far. The one not pictured is even smaller, only about 4 polyps or so.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have definately bought them right on the spot as well Matt. Never pass up one inch acroporas, they'll give you at least 3 years growth before you'd have to frag them

Also I think its neat how montis and acros will get their own unique shape by maturing in a particular nano, depending on the currents and Ca+/Alk measures. In a place where a powerhead sits focused in my minitank, an acropora has curved around the top edge of the water flow--they can plate in a direction of preference if given several months. These guys are going to color up nicely!

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow those are small!!! I bet you'd have to handle them with forceps for fear of breaking them with your fingers 8O . Who'd you get those from BTW? Soon I think you're just going to have to face up to the fact that one nano isn't enough... especially when you don't have to pay for the water or food!

-AM-

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, yeah, I'm starting to think another 6 gallon eclipse would fit nicely sitting right next to this one, and it would cover up all the wires back there.

Brandon, these were free believe it or not!

Arlan, not sure if you know him, a guy named Andy who works at Woodstock's. He has a very impressive 55 and 125 plumbed together with SPS and clams...I try to get him to take pics and show everyone with no luck.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmph, two of them are bleached white already. Damn shame. I think it's too tough to not handle the tips of frags this small and damage them.

Ogre

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damnit, which one's bleached? The frags are as follows from left to right: A. sarmentosa, A. Microphthalma (gets freakin green, with green plyops) A. unknown (just a pice that grew like a weed under my 20k and in the direct path of the surge) and the far right one is Pavona that I've had for like 4 or 5 years.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andy,

The Pavona and one of the Acros are still alive. The green slimer kicked the bucket after two days. :cry: No big loss I guess, since you still have those huge colonies.

I guess next time I should just get larger frags.

Ogre

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got more microphthalma than we need. you should call dustin he throws half the **** out. The pavona is freakin hardy. Is the really large polyped acro still alive? the onein the front on your pic?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: