• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mastered the art of algae growing. If anyone needs suggestions or advise to fill their tank with algae, drop me a line!
Anyhow, Here is my tank this month. Good,Bad,whatever!

Attachments

• august widenr.jpg
    august widenr.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 663
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that's areally neat looking nano. you should put a post w/ pix and info in the member's tank specifications forum. What all do you got hooked up to that? I definitely want to try a nano reef someday, but I don't want the kind that has 10x as much equipment and junk sticking out of the actual tank ...

iomegas_reef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a raspberry bass?If it is its sure a camera whore. Oh and I like the star polyps and torch coral, not the mention that red mushroom.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inv,

I think there is a product that will remedy some of your concerns. As I mentioned earlier, I too am having a red-algae outbreak that is just about to bring me to the point of starting over on the reefbowl. A fellow hobbyist and myself were talking about this at the LFS and he recommended a product called Chemi-Clean from boyd's enterprises. Normally I would not use a medication or additive to control algae, IMO its a stocking and maintenance issue that can be remedied naturally. But I have grown lazy on WChanges so I agreed to try it. The dosage is about 1/16 gram per 10 gallons, and its a strong oxidizing powder---most likely postassium in some mixture.

I realize green algae is the bulk of your concerns but this stuff is as close to a miracle cure for red cyano as Ive ever seen. In two days my red cyano is all gone, and thats exactly the stuff I see on your substrate. It will simply cause it to disappear, and it did not affect my corals even though I dosed it into a one gallon reef. Guessing at the dosage was a rascal but it worked--my corals are fine and the red is GONE>

My endorsement of this product is purely from the hobbyist POV and not as a RDO moderator! I just want to pass on this product's freakish ability to digest red cyano into nothing. Wow.

Good luck

B

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
=> My fish is a Strawberry Pseudochromis. It loves to get in the way of wide shots only. When I try to take a pictre of just the fish..he gets sacred and runs away. Go figure the bastage.

=> Sadly, I do have Chemi-clean. I haven't used it in about 2 months because it really messed up my tank. But since you bring it up...I have a skimmer now. So I will go use it right now. Thanks :wink:

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a while it had closed up my LPS corals, I figured it was due to dosing a little too much because I had to guess at the amounts for a 1g. Thought it may have 'burned' them a little, but now they are back in full force. Im sure the strong oxidization was stressful on them but I was at the point of trying anything, very happy with the results.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: