• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bdelaney

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one of these for sale at the LFS the other day:
http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_nanocube.html

It looks very interesting. It's a nice clean design with everything built in. There are 4 separate filter compartments in the back. It comes with sponges and bio-balls for filtration, but I imagine you could turn it into a refigium if you wanted. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and if there have been any problems with it. I think the 24w PC light should be enough for some soft corals.

Do you think it is possible to run this tank "out of the box" without chopping it up and making it look like a science experiment? (such as adding more lighting, fans, skimmers, etc.)

Does anyone have opinions on it?

Thanks

Brian

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Brian, sorry I let this one slip through unanswered. Somewhere on here in the recent posts someone is using this tank I think...sorry I dont have the link but I could have sworn I saw it in the last week. These larger nanos hold more water and are much more forgiving on the evaporation rates. My LFS has a 5g nemo tank that is only topped off once a week so I know yours will go that long or longer. The via aqua's have a rather form-fitting lid and provided the salt creep does not spread out everywhere I think it will work fine out of the box. Remember, you can order an azoo palm light to hit that external refugium from behind if you decide to build it like that. Good luck@

http://www.aquaticeco.com/aquatic1v1/it ... emid=10054

bdelaney

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I searched but I didn't see anyone in this forum using this tank. I'll look around through the previous posts. It seems to be fairly new on the market. I haven't purchased one yet, but I might if I can get the money together. The filter compartments are opaque black plastic, so lighting a fuge from the side would not be possible. They are very similar to the Azoo tanks with a tight fitting lid.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one of these in action at a LFS with just LR. It was being cycled. Quite a nice little tank. They were selling for $149 a piece, which doesn't seem like too terrible a price.

Now I just wonder if I could cram a LOA PC in there.... :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These can be had $99 online but no one seems to have them. LFS had 2 in for $125 each and I must admit they look nice and would be a decent tank for some softies/zoos/shrooms. I was thinking of buying one with the regular flourescent bulb for a small planted tank.

adinsxq

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took these pictures of JBJ's display at the superzoo tradeshow last month. maybe give you some ideas if you purchase one of these systems. they look way sexy.

Attachments

• 550_dscn4471.jpg
    550_dscn4471.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 554

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: