• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

yoshiod9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone. i have between 16-20 lbs. of live rock, one 1.5 inch tomato clown, a 1.5 inch pygmy angel, a camel shrimp(which i have read differing opinions on its canidacy for a reef tank), a 1 inch blue finned damsel(which i am in the process of getting rid of), 4 turbo snails, 5 small blue leg hermits, a bubble tip anemone, a "curly-que anemone"(came on my live rock), some ricordea(about 12 polyps), and some newly acquired 'umbrella coral'(latin name, i think, is sarcophyton glaucum). I also have upgraded the lighting to the Custom Sea-Life 32 Watt Smartlamp retrofit and have a zoo-med powersweep powerhead.
My problem is that the day after i introduced the umbrella coral to my tank, my bubble tip shrank up(during the time my lights are on). Is it reacting in this manner because of the umbrella? I have been reading sooo many different sites trying to figure out what is wrong but i have not had any luck. if anyone has any ideas on what i should do, it would be much appreciated. thank you, ever-so-much.
Danny

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure sounds like it. I would ditch that leather and see what happens. Hopefully the anemone is just reacting to some toxins it released.

BTW, where do you buy stuff in Vacaville? I'm in Davis and I have to drive all the way to Sac for anything decent.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot to mention, camel shrimp are predators of coral. They look very similar to peppermint shrimp, Lysmata wurdemanni, which ARE reefsafe, so you should get a definite ID. Pepermints are much clearer, while camels are very bright white and red.

yoshiod9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually go to either concord('all about fish'...or 'the aquarium' both stores are just down the street from the sun valley mall) or to SeaSplendor in fairfield(its off of Texas street). If youre looking for good deals go to All About Fish on sundays...they have sales on livestock 1st animal 20% off, 2nd 30% and 3rd 40%....something like that. usually pretty good deals and almost always very healthy livestock.

LIverOcker1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it might also be because you just buffed up your lights and its not used to it yet.my corals shrank up alittle when i went from 65watt csl pc to 2x65 wattcsl pc moonlites w/the supplement 65watt pc.hope ur bta gets better

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: