• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jdsabin1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- Eclipse 12 Gallon - No Bio-Wheel or standard under the hood filter
- 19 pounds of Fiji / Florida Aquacultured Live Rock
- 20 pounds Aragonite Live Sand (should have got a finer grain but too late now)
- Aquaclear 150 HOB Filter with an Aquaclear Surface Skimmer attached
- Rowaphos (sits in 'sump') to minimize phosphates and undesirable elements/Run carbon 24/7
- 2 Mini-Jet 404 power heads to increase turbulance; flow from Aquaclear also adds to water movement
- Lighting: 20" 1x96W Coralife Aqualight CF hood w/ Quad 50/50 w/ 11 hour photoperiod (using digital timers)
- Ebo-Jager 100 Watt Heater
- Lifegard Big Digital Temp Thermometer

Daily supplements:
- B-Ionic daily
- Coral Heaven 1x/week
- DT's Phyto 3x/week

Food:
- Marine fish food/pellets, 2x/day

2.5 gallon water change every week using Instant Ocean salt. RO/DI water top-off (manually) daily.

Ph……………...…8.2
Nitrite…………...undetectable
Ammonia……….undetectable
Nitrate……….....undetectable
Salinity…….......1.025
Calcium………...450ppm (Salifert)
Temperature….79 low 82 high
Alkalinity…..…..3.5meg/l

Fish: Louie the Lawnmower Blenny (I am desprately trying to trap him to get him out of there much to the chagrin of the rest of the family who loves him), Boo the Royal Gramma (she's a little b*tch), Bubbles the clownfish, Izzy the peppermint shrimp, Gunther the emerald crab, an electric blue legged hermit crab yet to be named, and an assortment of snails, micro-hermits, bristle worms, starfish, etc.

Corals include Logical Reef zoos, a Clams Direct Squamosa, Blowfish Aquatic Rics, IPSF Anthelia (should be called weeds if you ask me), and lfs pieces that have really thrived. 3 monti digi's, 1 birdsnest, 1 purple acro, three tulip anenomes.

I've lost an open brain and some candy cane since I started this endeavor in January of this year .

Thanks for taking a look!

fullview.jpg

june7front.jpg

spscenter.jpg

spsleft.jpg

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! my tank looks like crap compared to yours, heh. great job man!

ok, now i am thinking whether i want to get rid of my 29 when i buy my new tank or keep it running

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very neat and tidy. I can tell your tank gets alot of love and attention. Great work! I especially like that frogspawn head you got in there.

-AM-

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually come to think of it... where's all your corraline growth? You don't pull out your equipment once a week and scrub 'em do you? 8O

-AM-

jdsabin1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scrub the front and the sides like a sailor keeping them clean. I still have some spots on the sides and it's taking hold of the filter tube(s) and PH's too, and of course the rocks themselves.

For some reason I have never seen a lot of growth on the back of the tank(?). I assume it will come in due time.

Thanks everyone for your compliments :).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: