• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

sean2sean

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally got my 20 gallon nano setup.

i snapped a few pictures... ill get more soon later...

its a 24" long custom tank from http://www.wetdryfilter.com/
kinda like the one lunchbucket have...

walmart stand...

diy hood consist of a retro 400watt radium, hqi ballast and two 75 watt vho running on workhorse 7 ballast.

i have a close loop system on a mag 7 and scwd.

have a arctica 1/4 chiller...

excalibur hang on skimmer

MLA calcium reactor with 10lb co2 tank.

mag 9.5 return pump.

Attachments

• overview.jpg
    overview.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,559
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! I thought I had overkill equipment on my old 30 (250W MH, Euroreef skimmer)....Now that is killer. Very, very nice looking. What else do you plan on adding?

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could he possibly add anything else!?!? 8O Sean2sean, I think you've got every tool available to the reefkeeper installed on that thing... Good job keeping it all hidden. Great looking tank.

-AM-

sean2sean

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell, as for eq? maybe upgrade to a euroreef skimmer... and add a ph controller... other then that i dont think i can add anything else... :twisted:

i plan to just keep sps and maybe one clam.

and thanks guys for the comments. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, yeah, I meant livestock, not equipment. Besides a phytoplankton reactor I don't think your tank needs anything else.... :D

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmmm...plankton reactor on a twenty gallon tank. Sweet.

The tank looks great, but now you will have to start designing your grow out tank.

M

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just joking, because usually people install phyto reactors on much larger tanks. I would never expect to see a Ca reactor on a 20 though, so I guess it isn't impossible. It's basically a Ca reactor that has phytoplankton rather than calcium media. You light the chamber with intense light, feed it CO2 and tank water, and slowly drip it into the tank to feed invertebrate filter feeders.

A grow out tank is just a larger tank to fit your frags in when they get huge....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: