• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this might sound campy, but I was thinking about starting my new nano with some kinda exterior "theme" ... for example, gutting out a old computer monitor and fitting a tank behind it to look like a screen.

Guys have any ideas I can borrow? :P

reefrancher

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
macsnickers.jpg

http://vividpicture.com/aleks/macquarium/

redlightrunner_1740_31879872

http://www.theapplecollection.com/Collection/MacAquarium/index.shtml

Finally a good use for Macs :lol:

Steve[/img]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've actually thought about a picture frame fuge. Pump water up to it, let gravity dump it into my tank.

One 32 w pc would do nicely.

The only problem I thought about would be the weight distrbution. I didn't want it to look like a tank on a shelf.

B

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo I have to ask how do you do it> the IP hack? Thats a good trick I just barely caught on...the time with wells fargo had me scratching my head. Is it a trick with your sig, where any following response is printed out like that? Some people may not want those item printed out for the public--just wondering if you do it personally or if its a software clip.

usafresq1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to get on his case cause I think its a neat trick, I for one don't really like the idea of my ip address being found and shown like that. Again I'm not trying to get on your case, I'm just kinda expressing my opinion. But on the other hand I have a sick curiousity of... how'd you do that ?!?!
Neat Trick

~usaf

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....and even if it was made public, you don't have a right to privacy with it.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know we couldn't do anything about it, but I was about to try :) Then I got to thinking about the refresh rate of the quotes, seems to be either an always-on outside link or more likely a little software bundle with a few kB to recycle 5-8 quotes as an active update. It is good yes, had a fella concerned.

B429

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go for the computer reefs Id try to order one of those IMACs, they are really cleanly built and will look great when setup. They are big enough for a very small clown and anemone, as well as the normal spread of LPS and SPS placed up closer to the light after a lighting retrofit.

These IMACs need to have the light output doubled, I'd retro it with as many 13watt PC setups from HelloLights I could fit in there.
They do cost some $though, roughly 300$ IIRC so its not cheap. But it looks really clean, and you don't have to spend hours building a complete unit from scratch so whichever is better...

Post pics when the decision is made!

http://store.yahoo.com/redlightrunner/macaquariums.html

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: