• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I was looking at doing an Eclipse 12 as a nano, but was wondering about scraping coraline from the acryllic/pastic. Are there issues with scratches or are there tricks of the trade y'all have.

Thanks
-Gregory

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply......

I know this seemed a little basic but I've only dealt with glass. The Eclipse 12 was a gift and depending on the scratch factor was whether it was going to be a nano or FW plants. I guess it's going to be my first nano.

Thanks again,

-Gregory

A

Anonymous

Forgot to mention, I use a toothbrush (my roommate's) on the rounded corners. Mine's a 6g but it's the same design.

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my friend uses a razor but he has to be very careful that the blade is at a certain angle or it stratches :(

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fungia":2m5wnyhe said:
my friend uses a razor but he has to be very careful that the blade is at a certain angle or it stratches :(

Metal and Plastic do not mix well. Credit card and toothbrush are my favorite tools to use.

plankton123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a nano try to go glass if you can, since it is less prone to scratches. And, in the off chance that it leaks or fails the small volume won't do too much harm.

I've recently sold my 100 gallon SPS tank (Acrylic) and you should see what the inside surface of the tank looks like!! Yikes. Major scratches. But, never leaked.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: