• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

lantos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics as I said I would post, these are mostly some detail shots. I thought you guys might enjoy them.

If you have any questions feel free..

Attachments

• ric-unk-bta.jpg
    ric-unk-bta.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 766
  • feather_duster.jpg
    feather_duster.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 770
  • cloves-shrooms.jpg
    cloves-shrooms.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 772

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap what I wouldnt give for closeups like that of my system. My kodak camera just won't take them without distortion, I have to stand back a little and get the whole tank in the pic to keep it from blurring. Ive been wanting to get over to Sharkkys Photog forum for assistance with cheapo camera digital pics.

You have developed nice colors in the 29g, and I especially like the dark ricordeas, or maybe they are rhodactis variants but either way its those dark mushrooms with the neon tips. Is your feather duster living off tank debris or do you feed him things like Dt's? Some people fare well with sabellid feathers and some don't, its neat to hear from people who keep them going year after year. Looking good

B

bdelaney

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon429":2i163a9v said:
Is your feather duster living off tank debris or do you feed him things like Dt's? Some people fare well with sabellid feathers and some don't, its neat to hear from people who keep them going year after year. Looking good
B

I must be one of those people. I have a few dozen of them in my 29g that have been living for years. I never directly fed them anything. I never really gave them much thought until now.

Nice tank lantos.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice support ability for your system. Most reef aquariums will keep the tiny circular and straight-tubed sabellids easily (up to toothpick size) as population density and relative size of sabellid #s is in direct proportion to the size and quantity of good particulate matter in the water column. Our fish feedings alone and sand-stirring activity circulate enough foods to feed these worms naturally, so they take little care. The tricky ones are the larger colored ones your find at LFS. I see them from brown to electric green, and these guys either need one heck of an active tank or nice direct feedings of Dt's or Golden Pearls or other mixtures to keep from losing their fans. Yours looks very healthy and my tanks are too small to support them but I wish I could!

lantos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon,
The ricordia are actually a very bright orange, I just can't quiet get them to photograph the same color as they are. I will continue to try.

Also, as I was looking at my tank last night after the lights went out, I think I would another part of the BTA that I put in a few months ago, and it just went into hiding the same day I added it. But it looks as though I have to seperate entities now.

The dusters, I feed DTs in my tank 2x a week about a capful or so, and let that run for a bit without the skimmer on everything seems to be 'peachy' for now.

lantos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some new pictures, some taken at night, some during the day. Various goodies in the tank, and I finally got a tripod, so I think my quality will increase(for my photographs).

--Chris..

Attachments

• clove-mushroom-full.jpg
    clove-mushroom-full.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 700
  • ricordia-bta-night.jpg
    ricordia-bta-night.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 701
  • ricordia-newgrowth.jpg
    ricordia-newgrowth.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 702

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: