• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Omega Supreme

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, what do you think of this skimmer for a 10gallon nano? I was thinking of a cpr bakpak but the prizm is cheaper and perhaps more than enough for a 10g? What do you guys think? thanks.

Omega Supreme

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops sorry didn't realize there was another thread asking the same question below. Maybe i can ask in a different way, if you had to choose 2 skimmers cpr or prizm for a 10g, which would you pick?

Omega Supreme

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fishfanatic2":11lybp6l said:
Prizm skimmers are great for small tanks, and I think a bak-pak is WAY overkill on capability. Hope this helps! :D

Hey thanks for the reply. Perhaps you could critique my future setup? Here's what i'm thinking :-

10g
Prizm skimmer
1 Maxijet powerhead for circulation
CSL 15in 2 x 32watt ABS Hood
15lbs Live rock
4" sugar sized sandbed
IPSF live sand activator
IPSF reef amphipods and spaghetti worms

I plan to keep :-

Various mushrooms
a leather or two
Bubble coral
One lil atlantic pygmy angel
Scarlet cleaner shrimp

What do you think? Thanks

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reefs.org!
I think your setup sounds good although I would think about a fish other than an angel. They usualy need a little more room than a ten. There are plenty of other cool fish for a 10 gallon.
I would love to see your tank if you can get a pic.

Omega Supreme

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome! I guess the angel would outgrow the 10 pretty quick huh? :) Actually what i'd really like is a P.Fridmani, they don't really get too big and won't hassle my corals like an angel would. Only problem is getting one alive shipped to Malaysia. I haven't got a tank yet, i'm slowly ordering all the other stuff first, but once its up i'll be sure to post a pic!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You live in Malaysia? You should have no problem getting fish, right? We have captive raised P. fridmani, but you may have to settle on a wild caught one.

Dan81

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nhad a Prizim Skimmer on a 30gal and it was horrible hard to set and keep where you wanted it. I was not pleased at all with it.

Secam

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to concur with Dan81. I have a Red Sea and I can't keep it at the same foaming action for more than a few days. It's always needing adjustment.

lantos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run the CPR BAK-PAK 2-R which has no bio-bale, and no sponge on the return. It works very well on my 29 gallon, and I plan to use one on my 10 gallon. Only gripe is that its a little hard to clean, but I think I have found the right brush for it now.

Just my two cents..

--Chris

Omega Supreme

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replies guys. I'll sleep on the skimmer issue for a bit.

Matt_Wandell - Unfortunately i've never seen an orchid dottyback in the stores. Truth is every store here is only interested in turning a profit, most of their fish look ragged diseased and probably have a lifespan of 2 weeks maximum :( . Its quite sad really, thats how the industry is over here :evil: . I'll probably get a captive bred one from Premium aquatics, i've dealt with them before and haven't been dissapointed yet. Cheers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: