• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i figured the odd title would attract attention and comments. here's what I bought:

27 gallon eclipse...oh yeah 8)
100 gph protein skimmer
25 lbs LR + the 10-15 I already had
live sand. enough for 3" in the fuge and a little in the display. I may need more
2x55's for the tank along with the 2x28's I already had
1 more maxijet 1200 to go with the existing one.
the lights in the eclipse hood will be used on the fuge

basically i am going to hook up the two maxijets on a wavemaker surge protector and plumb them on either side of the tank. i already got the bulkheads. I will cut a slot in the top center of the tank in the back and build an external overflow box. got the bulkhead for that too. I will use floor paint for the back of the tank because I don't like the look of that plastic crap. Everything else should be pretty self-explanitory. I will also hook up timers on the lights so the 28's go on, then the 55's, and then in the evening the 55's go off and then the 28's. I will probably instead make the peak hours around 6 because this is when I like to sit around and look at my tank. and tough if 27 isn't a nano because i am frightened of the other forums. i'm like marlin. oh by the way, my perculas are named sharkbait and sashimi. hehe. only about a week before this is done, so comments are appreciated. Just try not to utterly destroy my ideas, as they are important to me, and because I already bought all the stuff. I can only change where I put it. Oh yeah, I also bought 1000 live pods from one of brandon's references. This sounds like a lot, huh? well, my mandarin will be 2 feet long when I'm finished with him. then he will be dinner for me and he will see how all of my dwindling population of copepods felt before they were devoured. he sure is a cool fish though.

Attachments

• goby.jpg
    goby.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,312

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and right under his nose is herman the hermit crab. i didn't even see that before. this nano shizzle is perplex yo!

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What types of corals/sps do you plan to have in your tank? I might advise more flow depending on what is in your tank. The other specs look pretty good. What kind of skimmer is it?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Daniel, if you come by the office I've got some Alize in the fridge for ya. For shizzle.

Seriously, I don't see any problems with your "bling-bling" setup. Good luck with your mandarin fish. If he gets 2 feet, let Guinness know about it.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel what a setup! Really. It sounds like you found a good deal from someone. If you are putting that on wave timers I think it will make neat currents for you in there, you are putting together a very thorough setup for sure.

I am so happy that the web reference turned out. Would you tell me some detail about your purchase, namely how much was a 1000 order total with shipping and how long did it take for you to get it?

Also, were the shrimps all one species or a mixed bag of small pods? Do you see any annelid (segmented) worms of any kind? I ask this because the worms are the live sand activating part if they are included along with some pods.
Great setup

B

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, don't forget to target feed your gammarus etc wherever you end up storing them. If some are kept in a separate tank, be sure to feed pellet feed to keep them fat and gut-loaded. In herpetology, they say feeding a non-gut loaded cricket to your lizards does not provide enough nutrient for long term health, I think gut loading pods before feeding them to a mandarin would work wonders.

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel,

I think that you sound like you got it going on. The only thing I worry about is its stability. Are you going to be living in one place long enough to keep the setup going? Other than that I think your setup looks great. I might keep my sump pump going all the time, and just get two other powerheads for the wavemaker. You will probably want to keep the flow pretty high. You might also want to get a little fan for your hood to keep the heat down. Seems your hooked, huh?

Mike

purple_tang2001

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better start buying more pods and keep em coming, the mandirin will clean that small tank fast. You should do some more reading before deciding to keep that fish in a small tank.

grav

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds very nice!

I would also like info on where you got those pods, cost...

Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: