• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Kabob

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36W Power compact. What types of corals would I be able to keep under these lights in a 10gallon. I currently dont have a bulb for it but it was a 10K/Actinic.

Thanks,
Jason

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I believe you could keep a variety of corals under that light. You could easily keep soft corals, and hard corals as well if you put them high up close to the light.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a 36W PC will suffice for just about every soft and LPS coral. Clams is a bit trickier since the ones that require less light (T.deresa, T.gigas, etc.) all grow bigger then the actual dimensions of a 10 gallon, while the small ones require more light then this PC may afford (unless placed higher up). Some hardier SPS like Montiporas may work as well.

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar amount of lighting on my nano. 3 13W pc's on an eclipse 6. I have so far had some success (I say this tenatively since the tank is only a few months old) with some xenia, gorgonians, and montipora. All of which seem healthy since they have been in my tank. The purple montipora has turned brown however, and I think it would be prettier if it had more light. The green montipora seems to be holding its color though. I just added a piece of pocillopora, which I set pretty close to the light. It is open and looks happy, but only time will tell.

Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: