• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Joey French

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, got around to taking some pics and thought I would post them here. Comments welcome, it seems that I have a billion frags under 2-3", but I like to see them grow up! Joey

Joey French

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oops, let's try that again...

Attachments

• full tank.jpg
    full tank.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,239

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Once the colonies start filling out it'll look especially nice. What lighting do you have on the tank?

Joey French

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell: Thanks! Yes, they are a fairly recent pair though, the small male has just started his front gold bar, they have been forming a pair for about two months now, no aggression, but the female still does not allow the male to host in the bta...What a pain. He has to sleep in the xenia.

cal3v: Thanks a bunch, I am a big fan of your tank as well. The lighting is one Ushio 175 watt 10 k on a pfo ballast, and two 55 watt actinic pc's.

Joey

Joey French

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the pair...By the way, you can see the male in the first pic, he's at a strange angle just above the xenia in the middle..

Attachments

• happy couple.jpg
    happy couple.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 919
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw, he's still a baby! Must be less than a year old, his white stripes haven't turned completely gold yet...

Joey French

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, used the mating technique from Wilkerson's book for premnas biaculeatus, worked like a charm, except the female still keeps him out of the anemone. They do some sweet shimmies for each other though, hopefully I can raise their offspring, if they begin to reproduce, as this has been my intention since I saw my first maroon. In addition, I plan to find more info on, and try to find a mate for the neon goby, to try to breed them as well. Does anyone know of a good link to sexing the gobiosoma oceanops? Thanks for the compliments!
Joey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know you can't sex them, but I heard they may be sex changing (?) like clowns. Someone who would know for sure are the good folks at ORA, who breed them for aquariums. Check out the site at www.orafarm.com
HTH, Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: