• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been busy with work.... sorry for not posting....

CSL has developed a new system that uses 2 PC bulbs actinic and daylight. and moonlights... fans too. both pc's are on seperate switches and the moonlights run off of a little power brick....

they make a :

20.5 inch w/ 2 40w pc's and 1 moonlight - $115 from MD
24.5 inch w/ 2 65w pc's and 2 moonlights - $168 from MD
then add $8.00 shipping - good deal

they have a nifty mounting bracket that holds the light fixture about 2.5- 3.5 inches over the top of the aquarium.... less heat...

check it out at : http://www.customsealife.com/f_powercom ... n-lite.htm

Marinedepot has them on special... i am gonna order one....

so if you think on a 20g nano 130w's of PC and two moonlights... and with a 4" sandbed and a ton of rock... i only lighting maybe 14-16 gallons... this should be plenty....

let me know what you think

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben I think thats a great referral. If I had a 15-20 Id definately try one of those. Had the pleasure of seeing a larger one in my LFS and the moonlights are neat! They are the strong blue-emitters we have talked about in here from time to time. What we are seeing ladies and gentlemen is the slow trend towards LED enhancement and eventually stand-alone LED production, give her three years just watch. They'll use multiple color arrays to make up for the narrow spectral output of the single LED bulb.
These light setups are nice and they are already fanned, a big plus.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another plus, is that it is made of powder coated aluminum.... and CSL uses good reflectors...

i think that this is probably the best little investment u could make for a small reef other than going to a halide system......

i will let you know when i order..... i will take pics when i get and post them....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: