• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all here are a few pics I took of my nano.

Attachments

• mvc-046f.jpg
    mvc-046f.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,600
  • mvc-050f.jpg
    mvc-050f.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,616
  • clownfrogspawn.jpg
    clownfrogspawn.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,618

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple more pics:

Attachments

• tubipora.jpg
    tubipora.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,604
  • oric61103.jpg
    oric61103.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,601

lantos

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What camera do you use, and what lighting methods. Very nice shots, the ricoridia has such delicate well defined colors. My pictures don't come out nearly as dramatic.

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My camera is a sony mavica and its like 2.1 megapixel, so not really anything great, but the macro feature is good. I take my pics with tank likes on or with lights on and flash. With a little practice this camera I have found to take decent pics. fishfanatic here is a full tank pic from a few weeks back:

Attachments

• tank61103rc.jpg
    tank61103rc.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,577

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a 20 gal.!!!! 8O WOW!! It's so full and looks so much bigger! :D :D

Thanks for the shot :D Is that a 20 high or a regular 20?

That is an awesome tank! :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are tanks that large considered nano's? I always considered nano's 15g and less, as things become quite different at that size.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anything over 15g and traditional hardware works pretty well, that's why I dont consider a 20g a nano, but under that size, things dont fit too well, and you have to get creative in both hardware and maint, as it's not a traditional approch.

In perspective, a 20g is 4x larger than my current nano, I also had a 20g long for quite a while, and it was nothing like a nano, the extra volume makes a huge difference, re-enforcing why I dont consider it a nano.

The only reason I included a 15g tall, is it's a odd size, really the cuttoff in my mind is anything over 10g, also people have been doing 20g reefs for years and years, nothing new there, however, 10g and smaller were not really popular until about 4-5 years ago.

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok I see what you mean. In that case it wouldn't be a nano. But also jmo with sps/clams its hard to keep them in a 20g because of the strong growth etc. Oh and stuff 5 and under and such I'd consider "pico" reefs just to go into more descriptiveness lol. Anyways, happy reefing all. :wink:

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 1 x 175w ushio 10000k and 2 x 55w pc actinics, one 7100k and one 03. However the 20g is no more, I upgraded to a 40g and added a 95w vho superactinic to the mix.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW 8O cal we could not find ricordea like that around here even with a wad of cash in hand. Your specimens look 100% vibrant and its neat to see that clown hosting in the frogspawn. Did the frogspawn eventually quit retracting> I ask this as mine is very sensitive and withdraws at even the slightest touch. It is neat to see yours adjust to the constant touching of the clown---its remarkable to me a blob of SW inflated tissue can 'learn' in that respect.

cal3v

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brandon, yea the frogspawn has learned to even like the clown. Also you should see this green caulastrea I have that the clowns also host in, that one had me very surprised. I'll attatch a couple pics of the new 40g if you guys don't mind it being in the nano-forum :wink:

Attachments

• caulastreaclown.jpg
    caulastreaclown.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,422
  • ft73003.jpg
    ft73003.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,422
  • umax1.jpg
    umax1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,416

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: