• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquamedic has a little chiller that is a thermo-electric.... it is great. you can set it to heat or chill. you can run it off a powerhead or a canister filter.... i think it is too big to your system. but if you tied a few little tanks together via a small sump then you might have something.....

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it Vitz Id like to konw some data about the chiller. Azoo makes a true pump-through chiller with freon I think that is around $300, pricey but probably the best safeguard one could have in place. Can you guys get that special Azoo chiller, sorry no part number or anything I just remember reading about it somewhere.

Ben Id at least like to have one on the other end of a trip alarm, where if temp exceeds x value then power is sent to the coolers and pumps that work them. Another great backup idea.

Thankfully I got the Mini75 rebuilt just in time for the show. Heres a progression of the rebuild, from the lowest point where rock died and flesh melted off the SPS (good call Vitz) to each new glue point with more SPS and LPS corals. A focus on Blastomussa and SPS is the new direction.

Just as both Matt and Bl Blue said, a lot of the sand fauna survived and I was able to make structural improvements that make the second go-around more stable.

Heres the dead shot just after the heat spike:

Attachments

• guttedm75.jpg
    guttedm75.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 727

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals left in the dead shot (pavona, some montipora, all zoanthids) all survived the 100 degree spike for at least 6 hours. Amazing testament to the resilience of these animals in their salty world.

And here is the new recreation, many more hours have been given to the aquascaping--there is twice the SPS and more detail (individual polyp glue points) but I miss my caulastrea forest. Ill get it going too once I find a tiny candy-coral group smiling at me in the LFS or at a frag swap.

Attachments

• regrowm75june1603.jpg
    regrowm75june1603.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 727
  • newm75june16.jpg
    newm75june16.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 704

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: