• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I currently have a well run 30 cube and have fairly good knowledge on general reef keeping and monitoring. I would like to start a small frag tank to clean up my display tank of all these plugs. It has to be small due to space and it can not be plumbed to my main tank. Few questions:

The tank will be >80% Z&Ps and <20% SPS.

1. Has anyone used a HOB filter for a frag/nano tank (10-14g). Any recommendations on one to use and its care/set-up/modification. I understand I need to keep it very clean.

2. I will be topping off the tank daily with RO water, monitoring and supplementing 2-part and performing frequent water changes. Any other wise words or tips for keeping a nano frag tank.

3. Any recommendations on a fish other than a six-line wrasse?

4. Any other questions I should ask?

Thank you,
Jeff

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I think you will be find with a HOB filter. I've never kept SPS but know they require pristine water conditions. There are some members on here that had a Mr Aqua 12 gallon with a HOB filter and their corals were fine. You just need to stay on top of water changes and parameters which it sounds like you will be.

There are some mods for the aqua clear 70 where you can keep a little fuge.

A clownfish is always nice.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: