• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
just broke down my 90 gallon and now i just setup a 25 nano.
I currently have about 75lbs of live rock within the tank and sump im keeping it in here until im able to sell about 50 lbs of it.
i have a 20 gallon sump with a nac 6 protein skimmer, live rock, running a phosban reactor 150 with phosban and carbon mixed. My phosphates are at 1 ppm right now and im trying to lower them and my nitrates are 0. my alk is high, calcuim and magnesium seem ok. i have one ai sol blue.

any reccomendations ? im scared to much filtration will soon hurt my lps. (elegance, frog spawn, hammer, zoas, polpys etc) im planning to put some sps within a week or so

Oddomatic

Reef Enthusiast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I wouldn't EVER be scared of too much filtration on a smaller tank. Our skimmers, reactors and chemical media pull out garbage that "most" of our corals and inverts can't really benefit from anyway. I'm sure that someone will debate me on this, but I run a skimmer twice the size as rated for my nano tank, enough carbon to choke a horse and small amount of phosban in a small sack to keep my phosphates in check. (Phosban is about the only thing I use sparingly because of the aluminum oxide potentially irritating my leathers) Ever since I invested in better filtration equipment on my nano tank, my SPS and LPS corals have never looked healthier.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: