• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be a very frustrating task trying to identify relevant chemical scent out of millions of combinations. Plus each different specie may only recognize their own unique scent.

Good thing I am only a bean counter.

sdcfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great article that is currently building momentum as a great way to harvest sustainable and "captive raised" like fish.

There are butterfly's that are being raised that would normally never eat anything but coral polyps and now are being fed nothing but frozen and dry foods.

I know that there have been limited amounts as "tank grown" fish put out on the market, but the technology once discovered will lead to more fish in the future.

The fish we have seen thus far using this method of grow out like the blue "hippo" tang, proved to be very hardy like any captive bred fish.

I like it!

Regards,

Eric

By the way....Nice article written by my old college. Go Gaucho's!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sdcfish:
<strong>There are butterfly's that are being raised that would normally never eat anything but coral polyps and now are being fed nothing but frozen and dry foods.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Except don't count on them NOT to eat coral polyps. Diet cannot be changed just by environment alone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: