• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have this weird little polyp looking red things growing on one of my rocks.. it is growing more and more and i dont know if this is a problem or not.. here r the pics..what could it be?? also i bought some corals today.. idk if one of them is frogspawn or not.. the other 2 im not sure.. one is a mushroom i think
146_2213.jpg

146_2212.jpg

146_2201.jpg

146_2215.jpg

146_2217.jpg

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
siphon about 2 gal. of the old tank water into a 5 gal. bucket and replenish like you were doing water change.
take the rock out, carefully plug off the algae and scrub the area with a toothbrush. rinse well with the old tank water--rigorously shaking the rock in the 5 gal. bucket.
put it back and watch for several weeks---see that it doesn't come back....if it does, do the same thing all over again.

NanoPerson67

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
siphon about 2 gal. of the old tank water into a 5 gal. bucket and replenish like you were doing water change.
take the rock out, carefully plug off the algae and scrub the area with a toothbrush. rinse well with the old tank water--rigorously shaking the rock in the 5 gal. bucket.
put it back and watch for several weeks---see that it doesn't come back....if it does, do the same thing all over again.

ill do it on my next water change =). i just did a water change and i dont want to stress the fish out ot corals... the red bubble algea is only on one rock that is really not touching the other rocks so maybe ill just get rid of the rock..i also have some that are green.. i dont think it will spread that quickly

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: