• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ferrybongo13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
does anyone currently own and use a JEBO 520 protein skimmer....I am looking to buy a new skimmer for my 180....saw this one on e-bay for $115.98 with free shipping looks good...just wondering...I currently have a berlin skimmer but it leaks an just does not work right...its old and has been repaired and modified,,,tiered of playing around with it.
I think protein skimmers are very over priced to begin with .....open for disscusion.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ive heard mixed reviews on them. I think people on this sight are a bit to quick to say its garbage if its not expensive, but I have bought sub par brands as well very high ends. I often find that you can get breaks with cheaper products. I say give it a shot and worse case scenario, assuming the acrylic (or plastic body is intact) you can replace pump and you'll be fine.

I would like to hear others feedback but this odyssea brand is getting pretty good at knocking of higher priced items. There will be a bit of a risk but most is in the pump. Which our market place usually has a bunch of them. I would also suggest perhaps messing with the venturi or a mesh mod to add to its capabilities

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 99.4%
168   1   0
i wouldnt waste my money, had a few skimmers also, never a high end though, but to me the er's or octopus for the money, can always find one used on here, and for a 180 plus how big of a sump twv, fowler ? sps ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: