• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I have noticed tonight that my live rock has some white spots on it, and it seems to be loosing the coral line algie on it, what do I do. I am adding water to the tank with the rodi (about 1 gallon per day) to keep the water level up and I am also checking the ph which is 8.2 and the salt levels which are 1.025. I am adding no trace elements at all and I am supposed to be looking to purchase some live rock this weeekend. Please advise so I may buy the right treatment to add to the tank. I still have the origional pad in the tank for the past month. :irked: Please helpppppp

Last edited:

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I have the origional filter pad that has been running in teh tnak for over 3 months now. I have chemi pure on top of it. The tank is cycled out the water is over 9 months old and i took the water from the guy i bought it form. The fish are doing great the levels are good I have no spikes at all. I have green algie on the glass very little thought.

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
you are probably very low on calcium. is that right you have not done a water change in 9 months? This is why your elements are depleted. Start doing some weekly water changes with calcium rich salt, such as coralife or reef crystals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: