• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I say we start a reef on one of nY's beaches in the spring and see how it does in the 4 month's that it is actually warm enough to grow corals here... But it would have to be a shallow reef...

What do you guy's say??? Next spring... MR project... If not,,, Just a BOb Job,,,lol.. I'm in... What do we have to loose,,,, some frags..
If not a beach I know of some quiet spots I could try this..

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
a reef in NY? I'm skeptical but interested.
it would be good to get some readings on local water and acclimate the frags to those levels.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Dom has a local tank(sorry to volunteer you,,lol) i could get some frags to him for parameter testing... To see what can stand the pars of local waters.. I do know that the salinity is lower, this might be a problem..

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I say we start a reef on one of nY's beaches in the spring and see how it does in the 4 month's that it is actually warm enough to grow corals here... But it would have to be a shallow reef...

What do you guy's say??? Next spring... MR project... If not,,, Just a BOb Job,,,lol.. I'm in... What do we have to loose,,,, some frags..
If not a beach I know of some quiet spots I could try this..

Sure what could go wrong, the introduction of non-native species has never backfired.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Okay X that plan out good thing someone was thinking with a level head... I just wanted to grow some acros but would have had to do a lot of research that would have led me to not doing it most likely...

Or I could just be like Pinkie and "Plan to take over the world"... Through acro aquaculture,,,lol..
Thanks for shooting us down Matt,,lol or better yet saving the world... Just joking.. But no have a very valid point..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: