• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
hey everyone im about to changr my 250 metal halide bubls there getting old i was thinking about switching the brand from a hamilton 250 14k to a refux 10k whatta u think ive read the reflux are great and cant be beat any truth or prefrances to this thanks again everyone

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
i like the se 12k reflux 250 - I bought the bulb used and have used it over 6 months and I have gotten some good growth.. with the addition of the blue/purple atinic look..

QUESTIONMARC

www.Questionmarc.com
Rating - 100%
376   0   0
I run 10k's with actinic VHO's. If you are a fan of the blue/purple look.. I would not get these unless you plan to run VHO's. My growth from what I see is pretty good. I have 1 12k that I ran for a week in the middle of my three just to see what it would look like, and it is a little too blue for me. I am right over the throgs neck bridge. If you want to see what the difference in the two look like in person before making a decision.. you are more then welcome to check them out. Just give me a ring or shoot me an email. Marc 347.614.1814

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have used both...i like the 10k's better, it really brings out the blues in SPS.

12k has a nice color but they are very dim...less par than xm 20k and radium 20k

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
we are talking reflux here?!?....personally i thought they were generally poor bulb at any k....its a personal opinion having used xm's and hamiltons

btw marc, im sure a mod would tell u, and i agree with this...not good to post home addys or digits on an open forum...just lookin out

jim, does HOF sell these..?

Last edited:

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Yeah you can always roll by Reef Exotics. What I love about Tony, other than being a generally cool guy, is that he only sells stuff that he uses on his tank which IMO is pretty damn cool. On his tank I think he runs 10ks. He used to have 2 clams that were each near 2 feet and a green slimer that was close to three feet tall and about the same across. I'd call that growth.

IIRC he no longer runs his VHOs either. Talk to him, he's been using them for years and has tons of first hand knowledge on them.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Tony runs 400w 10k reeflux on his tank driven by coralvue e-ballasts. This setup is awesome. I actually changed my lighting to this on my old tank after seeing Tony's.

Last year the 250w versions of reeflux bulbs had a pink hue to them. They looked nothing like the 400w in color. I'm not sure if they addressed this problem. There are some really big reeflux threads on Reef Central if you have a few hours to kill :)

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I actually have 250 and 400w 10k reeflux de running on the store tanks and a 250w 12k de. I like the colors both bring out of the corals. However, I personally like a more natural look and I like the 400w 10ks most. None are being run with actinics either. The colors under the 400w 10k are really nice, people ask about them all the time.

MPISCIOTTI

Rating - 95%
19   1   0
250 watt 12k the coloring is nice. tried a few other bulbs for a while these seem to be the one with good color. the sps have good growth. run them for about five hours a day. with t5s

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: