• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to know if you can recommend the best places to get sand from. Planning on having a 2" sand bed and I want the sand to be fine (or at least towards fine :) ) and to be white.

So, what are your recommendations? I'm trying to avoid paying too much or being killed on shipping... ;)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get it from someplace close to you. The difference in price is minimal, but the shipping costs really adds up.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, do you guys know what the whitest, most commonly found aragonite sand is out there? Is AragaMax from CaribSea pretty white and fine?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I"m using ESV fine. It's REALLY F'ing white.

I think it was like $35 a bag for $50 pounds.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save yourself lots on money on sand and go bare bottom. :wink:

Chubosco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":l9tw43pn said:
Ok, do you guys know what the whitest, most commonly found aragonite sand is out there? Is AragaMax from CaribSea pretty white and fine?

Do not but it from Drs Foster/Smith. Their ad says just that quote Caribsea bright white and fine and it is just like river bed sand and that color too! Blew over a $100.00 on the crap.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like sand better than BB IMO and IME. If and when I set up another tank I will use Natures Ocean Live Sand to create about a 1 inch layer on the bottom. It worked well for me in the past.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chubosco":1wzdzd64 said:
bleedingthought":1wzdzd64 said:

Do not but it from Drs Foster/Smith. Their ad says just that quote Caribsea bright white and fine and it is just like river bed sand and that color too! Blew over a $100.00 on the crap.
Did you rinse it? Anyone else have the same experience? They don't carry the ESV sand. :?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: