• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fishinsouthga

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my wife decided i needed a bigger sump so she got me a 36"x12" by 16" tank i belive its 30gallon long, and so i was hoping someone with a little design skill could set me up with a plan to partition this, i have an octopus down draft skimmer with a 11"x12" base (pump included in footprint and it returns out of the side of the unit so this will have to go in the sump somewhere and i have a mag drive return pump, im looking for a design that will reduce bubbles to the return pump, house an area for a fuge and perhaps a place that where the water drains in from the display tank that it might go though a carbon or particle filter or something of that nature, i was planning on useing some acrylic and have no skills a cutting it yet :) thanks for the advice in advance

thomas

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I did with a 40 breeder.

sump_3_288.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass was cut at a local shop for cheap. Used one of the 100% silicone sealants for the "glue". When you get the baffles cut leave some slack, about an 1/8" would be fine. You want the baffels to fit loose and the silicone will hold it in place just fine.

cindre2000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 20L sump is similar to wazzels, only real difference is I have an additional baffle between the refugium section and the pump section.

My drains go to the section with the protein skimmer, then that section overflows into the refugium (this keeps the level in the skimmer section constant). I then have a pretty long refugium to remove any lingering bubbles and to provide a lot of filtration. The water then goes through the baffles to the return pump. As long as the flow through the sump is not too quick, bubbles shouldn't be to big of a problem with one set of baffles.

Attachments

• sump.JPG
    sump.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 451

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: