• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Slammed01

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, i need some help. I recently picked up a 75 gallon tank from a friend for free. I had to throw the top glass away since it was cracked and need to know where to get a new glass lid. I tried the All Glass Aquariums version and it was about 1/2" short (said on the box only for All Glass Aquariums) but I figured I would try it. Any good online vendors who sell the glass? Thanks, Adam
(sorry might be the wrong forum)

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is (or is going to be) a reef tank you probably won't want the glass tops anyway. They restrict evaporation and cooling and reefers generally discard them...

That said, if you kept the plastic hinges/handles from the old top (they just slide off), you can get a local glass shop to cut some replacement pieces to whatever size you need. It's generally very inexpensive.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not get a glass cover/lid.

It inhibits gas exchange at the surface and traps co2, which is a grossly overlooked cause of many problems.

It creates difficulty in keeping temps constant.

If you are worried about jumpers, better off with egg crate.

Slammed01

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what should I run since this will be in a living room? Im plannin on running a JEBO or Coralife Power Compact also.......so I need to be able to set that on top. I have a canopy on my 29 gallon and dont like it cause of the salt build up on the retrofit reflector.....any way to prevent this? Thanks!

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any local glass company can usually cut the sizes you need while you wait unless you want it to be tempered.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slammed01":394672hh said:
So what should I run since this will be in a living room? Im plannin on running a JEBO or Coralife Power Compact also.......so I need to be able to set that on top. I have a canopy on my 29 gallon and dont like it cause of the salt build up on the retrofit reflector.....any way to prevent this? Thanks!

Many of them sell kits so that the light kit is suspended above the tank a few inches. They are "arms" that go from the light to the corners of the tank top edges.

You could also get a pendant light...thats what I have above mine. I actually like the look of it suspended from the ceiling.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: