• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

goby2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this? I have never seen anything like it.

It is about 5-6mm long. I've seen a few of them moving around the refugium.

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,332

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That, my friend, is a flatworm. They aren't usually dangerous, but they can bloom to plague-like proportions. You should try to rid them now when you don't have much of them. Salifert has a product called Exit that works well, or you can try biological controls (which are hit and miss).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The White Flatworms rarely get out of control, if ever. They'll be nocturnal mostly and will eat quite a few pods. They use the front part to make a hood to capture tiny bugs that crawl on the glass.

hogan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FLAT WORM!

I know the red onces were like locus descending upon my tank.

6 line wrasse likes to eat flat worms.

Mihai

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calm down gentlemen, as Guy said - those are not "those" flatworms. Those are cool. Are a good sign. It's a young tank, right? Don't worry about it, it's a good thing.

Mihai

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those in my tank. They hang out around the top of the tank and I have never seen them bother anything.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have quite a few of those in my sump. Around the same time I had that tunicate explosion. Kind of miss 'em :)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess flatworms scare the beejeezus out of me. I've seen two of my friend's tanks explode out of control with flatworms. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found one of these in my tank. It's identical to the photo above. 'Not to worry then?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those white ones are no biggie, they are cool critters! I have only seen one two or three times.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: