• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReefRian

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a feather duster a few days ago. Today it lost the crown, but just to make sure, is the worm part of the body long and if the whole worm came out of the tube, would it be obvious? All I see is the crown part of the duster.

Rian

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, if the worm came out of the tube it would be obvious. Be sure that your water quality parameters are good, and it should regrow the crown within a few weeks.

calvin-x

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just agreeing with seamaiden... Here are some before and after pictures of the re-growth that my feather went through over the past two months. During the process, the worm would occassionally poke it's head out of the tube to see what was going on.

Pic 1 - approximately 10-15 days after losing its crown:
LinkPhoto

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots, calvin, those illustrate better than my description. I wonder if target feeding might speed up the process? In any event, they do indeed grow back.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have an idea of how long Hawaiian feathers live? I had two of them for a year and a half, and then within two months both of them died. :cry: That was a while back.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I sure don't, hun. I had my feathers for about five years, before I moved and sold everything off. Of course, I couldn't tell you where they were from.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine they starved in my tank, what with the dt's and all. Lord knows there was always PLENTY of diatom dust floating in the ol' WC.

Bummer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: