• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Lynn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave tomorrow morning for Toronto for the weekend. I'm hoping to have a few hours to marine shop. Know of anyplace that is good and is close to the airport?? thanks Lynn

afss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of a few palces. None that I know are really close to the airport. What are you more interested in... fish, corals, supplies?

Scott

afss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably the only good place to find stuff like that would be reefquarium. Its on Markham rd and steeles avenue. But I haven't been there in over 6 months. The big als occasionaly has nice corals, there are 3 of them in toronto I think. Most places are listed in the yellow pages. Most of the smaller ones I know of have better priceing, but you never know if they will have anything in stock corals or fish. The pet Menagerie on I think parliment, just south of bloor, is decent too by toronto standards.
good luck
Scott

commie

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few reef stores near the airport or at least close by if driving. There is the store on Queensway and Kipling called Ocean's Alive, thats about a 20 minute drive from the airport using local streets depending on time of day and traffic. Another one close by is on Torbam St, just south of Steeles Ave, its in a strip mall, forgot the name, they have really nice selection of corals right now. Has most SPS of all the stores in Toronto I think, and even some clams.
Then there is a Big Al's Aquarium Services outlet on Dundas St, which is probably 20 minute drive as well, good selection of marine fishes, but their coral stock right now is lacking.
Another one that is in an Asian strip mall right beside Big Al's, that also sells house plants as well, good selection of corals, not as much fishes, but prices are higher than others.

Thats about all the stores I think around the airport area that is within 30 minutes drive.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: