Nanook01

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Functionally, do the VHO actinic bulbs do anything for the corals or are they mainly aesthetic?? I am curious as to how long I should keep them before replacing them. I have two VHO 110w bulbs over my 120g, with 2-250w HQI pendants. The bulbs are mainly for dawn/dusk effects, at least that is what is in the back of my mind. How long do you keep them before replacing them? Thanks,

Nanook

Neal358

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your corals will definitaly benifet from the antic lighting vho,s need to be replased every 6 months

Andy2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From IceCap:
We suggest when using an IceCap VHO ballast you replace actinic lamps every year. Other VHO lamps can go two years, especially if you use quality bulbs like URI lamps.
Andy

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy - Two years!? This is really good news, but do you have any info to back this up? I can believe that the spectrum may not change much, but doesn't the intensity go down a lot after a year? It would make me really happy to see a chart of URI bulb intensity fallout over time using IceCap ballasts.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: