swreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the whole story about the tank I was going to order that I posted about on Saturday. Turns out is is NOT reef-ready. Their idea of reef -ready means "yeah, you can use it for a reef, no problem." That is not f#@$ing reef-ready! Turns out that if I have it custom drilled, add the neccessary overflows and fittings, and get the glass tops, it is about the same price as an All-Glass tank. Guess I will keep looking. They lost a sale. I will not order from them. Who knows what I would actually get. I hate it when this happens.
A different LFS made me waste a trip one time to get PC bulbs. I called and asked if they had the 55 watt 10K PC bulbs. They said yes. I drove 40 minutes to find out that they don't know what PC bulbs are. They had NO 10K bulbs only.
Why are so many stores full of incompetent people. Not just employees but it was the owner of the LFS screwed up and didn't know the difference between NO bulbs and PC bulbs.

vp39

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunatly to many of the LFS all over the country are like that. Out for the money and that is it. Where do you live?Maybe your close enough that I can set you up with a place.
Glenn

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can recommend places in Missouri.
Sorry about your bad experience(s). I used to think I should just start a fish store and make everyone's life easier, but I have a good LFS store now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: