TAT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 3 small soft coral from LFS but they can't give much information on them, especially the purple one.

The salesman tell me that it is the first time they import this "purple finger leather"?

A
leather.jpg

B
mushroom1.jpg

C
mushroom2.jpg

or try this link
http://odin.prohosting.com/~hkreefs/tank2.htm

I just like to know where can I find information about them and where should I put them, esp the purple finger? Current? Light?

TAT

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: TAT ]

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: TAT ]

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, try not to use photopoint. I have recently received an email that they are disabling all external photo linkings. A problem they are dealing with for the traffic and bandwidth.

Ayres

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like:

A) Either a colt or maybe a Kenya Tree coral (Capnella sp.)

B) One of the many species of Mushroom (Discosoma sp.)

C) Looks like a Rhodactis sp. mushroom.

-Ayres

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the A coral is a finger leather, Sinularia sp. I have one of those in my tank and it is identical to the pic you posted.

Blowfishaq

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not buy the first coral. It is a Kenya tree that has been injected with purple dye. It looks dark pink when you get it and will either die in a week from injury at the injection site or will turn back to brown in about three months. I have this coral and the wholeseller that imports them told me up front that the color was not natural.

Bryan

TAT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryan
Kenya tree that has been injected with purple dye? Oh! this is my first time to hear such trick in corals. Although, it is more common in fresh water fishes.Just hoping that is not true.

To jdeets,

Can you give some more information about your finger leather? Is it also purple in colour? Thanks!

I am worried about it......

TAT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone!!

Anyone think that such injection with dye is possible or have heard about it?

icon_sad.gif

leather.jpg

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: TAT ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: