• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nala

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else ever seen a Bristleworm "clean" a fish? I have seen them go after a dying fish...this is just what they do. I have a Yellow Watchman in my 90 that I swear allows worms to "clean" him! There is a decent size BW that lives in the cave opening where the Goby lives. Three times yesterday I saw the worm on the Goby(who is WAY healthy BTW)...it looked to be cleaning it. Much to my surprise the Goby didn't even flinch
icon_eek.gif
When the worm hit a spot that bothered the Goby...the fish just repositioned and let it continue. When the Goby was finished he just moved to another hole...so I know he could've done this all along(as opposed to the dying fish).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has observed this? It is just a plain old pink and grey BW.

Mike02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i saw one of my bristleworms eat a very tiny starfish. apparently the live rock i got 2 days ago from Florida had some starfish in it. this particular starfish was like 1/4" across. i really doubt that this starfish was "dying".

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: