reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
pretty sure after a set period of time there is no way to go back and edit. When I started my build thread, I decided to try keeping the 1st post as the most recent full tank shot, but quickly found out that would not be possible once I was locked out of it.

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
pretty sure after a set period of time there is no way to go back and edit. When I started my build thread, I decided to try keeping the 1st post as the most recent full tank shot, but quickly found out that would not be possible once I was locked out of it.

So what does everyone on this forum do with their build thread ..... I noticed many have the same issue.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
You should be able to edit the thread. If you don't see an "Edit" button on the bottom right of your post then look for a pull down menu towards the top right, you should see a button called "Thread Tools", in there you should be able to edit the post.

I dont see those options in my tank thread. thread tools only allows me to add a poll, look at printable version, unsubscribe, and email the page.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Looking at it now I have more options because I'm a Mod. I would still think that the "Edit" button on the bottom right should be there regardless of how old the thread is. I can see it in older tank builds but once again that could be just because I'm a Mod.

Yeah, its definitely because you're a mod. I'll go through my old posts to try to get an estimate of how long it allows us plebs to edit for and then report back.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Seems like it locks us out of editing out posts at 90 days. I'm able to edit everything up until 89 days ago.

If there is anyway to change the forum settings to allow every registered member to edit their own posts indefinitely, I think that would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Seems like it locks us out of editing out posts at 90 days. I'm able to edit everything up until 89 days ago.

If there is anyway to change the forum settings to allow every registered member to edit their own posts indefinitely, I think that would be very much appreciated.

Yes I agree because if not my Build Thread is useless. I will have to start a new one and there is no fun in that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: