• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ckramer215

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded from a marineland led to a kessil 350w. I heard people beaching corals with this light. What percent should I start out with for the white and blues? Also how much should I increase the light each week/month? Thank you for the help.

Yani1133

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I recently started with them jan 2nd. Currently run them without a controller and have 2 360WE on a 70 gallon 3 foot tank(21 inch deep) with sps. Ran them a week at lowest setting to turn on for eight hours, then after a week bumped them to 50% and bleached some of my higher sps in a day. Knocked them down to 30% for two weeks and started getting a lot of brown out so jumped them too 80% and they coloring up and getting noticeable growth again. If i did it again id go 15% for a week, 30% for a week, 50% for a week, and then bumb it to 75 or 80.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I recently started with them jan 2nd. Currently run them without a controller and have 2 360WE on a 70 gallon 3 foot tank(21 inch deep) with sps. Ran them a week at lowest setting to turn on for eight hours, then after a week bumped them to 50% and bleached some of my higher sps in a day. Knocked them down to 30% for two weeks and started getting a lot of brown out so jumped them too 80% and they coloring up and getting noticeable growth again. If i did it again id go 15% for a week, 30% for a week, 50% for a week, and then bumb it to 75 or 80.

How do u like them .i have 400w halides and I'm contimplating on switching to the kessel. I read that they are the closest to radiums. What do u think

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Tusi I have 6 on my 300 gallon and I love them I was a hugh raduim fan I ran 250 watt .I love my kessils .im getting great color and growth plus u can make the color pretty much how u want .im mot into all the red and green bulbs .if u like halides especially raduims this is the closest to them

Yani1133

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Made the switch from a 400w halide as well. Went with them cause i heard about the shimmer and awesome color blending. Both are just as everyone said. Love the lack of heat for stable temp and way less top off and super quiet fans. Was really nervous about the browning of my corals and was close to switching back but decided to stick it out another week with the intensity way up. Glad i did corals are coloring up great and have gotten the best growth ive seen from my acros this week in the last six months. I see myself being very happy with my results in a few months. Definitly think they look more halide like than the others ive seen.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I switched this Christmas when BRS had a sale. I had one so I picked up 2 more. So I got 3 350w kessil with one 120w Led fixer on my 90 gal. Took T5 off saw a big difference. Shimmering is very nice without heat from MH. Color is what a like most with adjusting to color you want that day. It's been 5 weeks and no bleaching. Pretty much run blue 80% white 30%. So far I've notice better growth and better color in my SPS tank. I'm looking forward in going months to see if it gets even better. But my advice turn than up. More blue for better color more white for better growth. So far I'm very happy and best thing I did for my tank.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Tusi I have 6 on my 300 gallon and I love them I was a hugh raduim fan I ran 250 watt .I love my kessils .im getting great color and growth plus u can make the color pretty much how u want .im mot into all the red and green bulbs .if u like halides especially raduims this is the closest to them
Thank you. If you have six on your tank I think I need four on mine I'm going for it. I'm tired of the heat and the electricity bill

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

im leaning towards the kessils for my 300, you think 4 are enough or i will need 6?

ckramer215

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color in my corals are really starting to pop.

Attachments

• IMG_20140221_180443_240.jpg
    IMG_20140221_180443_240.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20140221_180422_052.jpg
    IMG_20140221_180422_052.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20140221_180358_519.jpg
    IMG_20140221_180358_519.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 91

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: